Hiring NOW!! Machinist (Level 3) position with Senior Aerospace AMT/Absolute MFG. We are a top aerospace & manufacturing company in the Marysville/Arlington area and build airplane & manufacturing parts for Boeing, US Military and other major clients.
Why work for us?
*Grow & Develop your skills in the Machining trade.
*Quarterly Bonus potential
*GREAT BENEFITS, PTO and 401k w/company match!
*Discounted Gym Membership, and an on-site gym & fitness center as well.
*Commuter (bus or carpool) incentive.
*Tuition Re-imbursement related to your job. We reimburse you 100% tuition for any schooling related to your position (up to $2,500/year).
* 9 Paid Holidays/year (more than most companies).
*Steel toed boots and other pre-approved PPE Equipment re-imbursement.
*Very Fun Company Events (we like having fun with BBQ's, Volunteering, Company Picnics, and other events)
*Employee Referral Bonus of $500 for referring your friends, family and colleagues/former co-workers!
The Machinist 3 operates numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications without supervision. The Machinist 3 receives on-the-job training to set up jobs with supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Can demonstrate ability to set-up, run, and dimensionally maintain quality in a production environment
• Good Inspection Skills and Blueprint reading skills with ability to use all shop inspection tools
• Basic Troubleshooting skills and must be able to recognize production problems such as out-of-tolerance Machining, poor finishes, damaged or worn cutters, and tooling
• Ability to dial in a hole or Edge-Find and set Machine Offsets
• Basic understanding of G & M code
• Versatility across multiple machine centers is a plus
• Meets job standard times with minimal supervision
• Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
• Disciplined Work Habits and attention to detail
• Positive attitude and reliable
• Properly uses measuring tools and set up tools such as edge finder, indicator, micrometers, etc.
• Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail
• Communicates well verbally and in writing
• Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Three years plus experience running a CNC mill or recent Machinist Tech Training Certificate
• Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards
• Strong skills and aptitude in math
• Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files
• Completion of AMT Machine Proficiency test during interview process
AMT Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role at AMT, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
• Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
• Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
• Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
• Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
• Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
• Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department at AMT and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
• Lifting up to 40 pounds
• Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday
• Use of computer keyboard and mouse
• The Machinist 3 works in the machine shop environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
• Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run CNC machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone
• Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
• Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status."
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities