Hiring NOW!! Machine Operator- Horizontal (Level 1)with Absolute Manufacturing. We are a top manufacturing company in the Marysville/Arlington area and build airplane & manufacturing parts for Boeing, US Military and other major clients.
Why work for us?
*Grow & Develop your skills in the Machining trade.
*Quarterly Bonus potential
*GREAT BENEFITS, PTO and 401k w/company match!
*Discounted Gym Membership, and an on-site gym & fitness center as well.
*Commuter (bus or carpool) incentive.
*Tuition Re-imbursement related to your job. We reimburse you 100% for any schooling related to your position (up to $2,500/yr).
*9 Paid Holidays/year (more than most companies).
*Steel toed boots and other pre-approved PPE Equipment re-imbursement.
*Very Fun Company Events (we like having fun with BBQ's, Volunteering, Company Picnics, and other events)
*Employee Referral Bonus of $500 for referring your friends, family and colleagues/former co-workers!
The Machinist Operator 1 receives on-the-job training and supervision to learn to operate numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under supervision, learns and performs the following:
o Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining
o Perform work instructions with the exception of set up procedures.
o Thoroughly inspect first part run
o Meet job standard times
o Recognize production problems
o Basic machine language, including M-codes and G-codes.
o Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools
o Read and interpret manufacturing drawings
• Performs miscellaneous duties in the machine shop as directed when supervisor is unavailable for training
• Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift
• Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail.
• Communicates well verbally and in writing
• Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Strong skills and aptitude in math.
• Completion of AMT aptitude test during interview process
• Completion of vocational or college training in machine shop (Certificate of Completion of basic machining course)
• Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files
AMT Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role at AMT, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
• Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
• Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
• Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
• Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
• Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
• Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department at AMT and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
• Lifting up to 40 pounds
• Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday
• Use of computer keyboard and mouse
• The Machinist Operator 1 works in the machine shop environment throughout the work day; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes and vapor from coolant, etc.
• Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run CNC machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone
• Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
• Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status."
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities